Remove or install a hash board in your Obelisk Slim
Remove or install a hash board in your Obelisk Slim.
Less than 5 minutes.
Things you'll need
An ESD (electrostatic discharge) safe surface.
Prior to doing this, make sure you've read how to disassemble your Obelisk Slim. These instructions pick up from there.
Remove a hash board
- This is your starting point - the top case and rear fan grill have been removed from the miner. If you were following from the previous section, flip your miner around so that the front fan is on your right as seen below.
- Carefully disconnect the ribbon cable from the hash board. You can place one hand on the hash board to hold it in place while you unplug the cable.
- Slide the hash board out of the case and place it on a clean, ESD safe surface.
Add a hash board
- Slide the hash board into the case, ensuring that the bottom of the board rests in the metal guides at the bottom of the case.
Push it in as far as it will go. Do not force it farther.
- Reconnect the ribbon cable that goes from the control board to the hash board.
When it's connected properly, it looks like this.
There are 20 pins on your hash board that the ribbon cable must connect with. There are also 20 openings on your ribbon cable connector.
You must be sure to match the 20 pins to the 20 connectors.
That's it! You can now reassemble your Obelisk Slim.
How not to do it
We've covered the right way to connect the ribbon cable, here's some examples of what not to do.
On the left you see that the pins are misaligned with the connectors - there are two empty connectors at the top, and two pins that aren't even in the connector at the bottom.
In the middle there's a similar issue, except they shot too high instead of too low. The pins aren't actually in the connector holes.
On the right you can see the the pins have been bent inward due to misalignment and too much force.